The NHS in Gloucestershire wants to know what the public thinks about new ideas to support easier, faster and more convenient ways to get urgent same day advice and care in the county.
Under the title, Fit for the Future, the NHS will be holding workshops and visiting local communities to find out what local people think about accessing urgent (not life threatening) same day advice and care across Gloucestershire.
They also want to find out people’s views on:
- a Centres of Excellence vision which would provide specialist services at the two large hospital sites in the county
- a range of ideas for the next few years, including A&E services and general surgery
Mary Hutton, from One Gloucestershire, said: “We are ambitious in Gloucestershire and we want local people to benefit from simpler ways to access urgent advice and experience care that is better co-ordinated from the moment they first make contact with the NHS. Also healthcare is changing, with more people now able to access illness services from pharmacies and GP surgeries in the day time, evening and the weekends.
“We want to continue to provide urgent community illness and injury services as close to people’s own homes as possible, but there is scope to consider how we do this based on local circumstances, needs and the desire to provide outstanding care.
“This engagement is about discussing ideas and involving people in developing potential solutions. This means that no decisions have been made about the future range of urgent and emergency care services in the county, including at Cheltenham General Hospital.”
To have your say, you can:
- Read the booklet and complete the ‘Fit for the Future’ survey at www.onegloucestershire.net. This booklet will also be available from a range of public places across the county, including pharmacies, GP surgeries, hospitals and libraries.
- Go to an Information Bus public ‘drop in’ event at local venues – see www.onegloucestershire.net for details.
- Find out about the local workshops, the public hearing and the Citizens’ Jury – check the booklet or www.onegloucestershire.net for details.
- Get updates on Twitter: @One_Glos.